With Christmas just around the corner, we’ve created a recipe that’s takes it cues from a traditional Christmas recipe. However, this recipe is 100% vegan and gluten free — perfect for those sensitive tummies. This recipe makes one medium sized loaf. Enjoy!
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup tomato based sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/4 cup water
For the meat-less loaf
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 ½ cups of cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup of cooked lentils
- 1/2 large green capsicum, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180°.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the glaze. Mix well and set aside.
3. In a food processor, combine the onions, green capsicum, garlic, and sunflower kernels and pulse until well mixed.
4. Add chickpeas, lentils, chili powder, and Worcestershire sauce along with salt and pepper. Pulse until nearly pureed, but leave a little bit of texture.
5. Spoon the mixture into a greased loaf pan and even out.
6. Cover the mixture in the glaze.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until the glaze has caramelised and the loaf is solid.