500ml Broth Bliss bone broth (grass fed or chicken)
500g of chicken, cooked and shredded (optional)
500ml of water
2 medium carrots washed and chopped
2 stalks of celery washed and de-stringed, chopped
1 small handful of fresh flat leafed parsley
1/2 cup of brown rice
1 red chilli (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients to large pot on the stove.
2. Bring the mixture to the boil.
3. Once boiling, add the brown rice and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Lower the heat to a simmer and continue to cook them until vegetables and the rice are soft and cooked through.
5. Serve in a bowl with a good squeeze of lemon juice and a sprig of parsley on top.