The silly season is underway. There are work parties, family celebrations and more, with an abundance of food and drinks everywhere you look.
This time of year begs the question, “how can I stay healthy and still enjoy the festivities?”
If you’ve ever asked this question, we have two easy tips to help keep healthy over Summer.
Drink plenty of fluids; and by fluids, we mean water.
Increase your intake especially if you’ve been drinking alcohol. It will help flush your system aiding detoxification and hydration.
Drink green smoothies and freshly squeezed vegetable juices.
They will give you much needed nutrients, hydration and nourishment. Your digestive system will thank you for the TLC!
Need a tried and tested green smoothie recipe? No Problen! Here is one of our favourite green smoothie recipes to get you inspired.
Lime and Coconut Green Smoothie (Serves 2)
- 3/4 cup raw coconut water
- 1/2 cup raw coconut meat
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 medium cucumber, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 limes, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- Throw all of the ingredients in a blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the smoothie into a cup or jar and enjoy immediately.