It’s almost winter again, and already the dreaded flu is making an appearance. Runny noses, sore throats and a cough here and there. The good news? There are many natural, non-invasive ways to clear up those early signs of sickness or help your body ward off sickness altogether.
Now here’s what you should be doing.
These well-known steps to overcoming sickness are commonly known, but less commonly followed. Take time to follow these steps to help avoid colds and flus this season:
- Listen to your body: Don’t push through if you know you need to rest. Your work and family will understand. Plus, taking time to rest early may decrease your overall time feeling under the weather.
- Increase your fluid intake: You need to be drinking at least 2 litres of water per day. If you have trouble, hot herbal tea is one good way to get your fluids.
- Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables: Green smoothies are a great way to get a dose of fruit, vegetables and fluids all in one.
- Add natural medicines / vitamins: Support your immune response with additional vitamins and natural medicines. A great place to start is visit a Naturopath for recommendations.
- Stay home to rest: To prevent the virus from spreading to friends and work colleagues, sometimes it’s important to take a sick day or stay in on the weekend to rest. It’s about listening to your body and doing what’s feels right for you.
- Visit us for a treatment: Alternatively visit us in clinic. Naturopathy, Nutrition, Homeopathy, Acupuncture and Myotherapy appointments are available and priced from $15 per session they are an extremely cost effective way to avoid getting sick.