Kombucha is a traditional fermented tea drink used across cultures and generations to maintain good health and wellbeing. It’s a delicious, refreshing, fermented beverage that’s known to contain active enzymes, amino acids and polyphenols, as well as B-vitamins and probiotics.
Various health claims have been attributed to kombucha. These include:
- Improved Digestion
- Increased Energy
- Support of the Immune System
- Reduced Joint Pain
- Enhanced breakdown and elimination of toxins
5 Reasons to drink kombucha every day
Drinking kombucha can….
1. Improve your gastrointestinal health — Kombucha contains a host of friendly bacteria (probiotics), natural acids and enzymes which may improve your digestion, aid absorption of nutrients, and promote regularity
2. Ease your liver’s burden — Kombucha’s natural ingredients may assist the body, especially the liver, in the breakdown of metabolic wastes and toxins.
3. Reduce the symptoms of arthritis — Kombucha contains compounds which are vital for the maintenance of health joints. The body uses these compounds to build cartilage and maintain the fluid that surrounds joints.
4. Promote healthy skin, bones and connective tissue — Kombucha contains glucuronic acid, a building block for various key proteoglycans used by the body to maintain healthy skin, connective tissues and bones.
5. Reduce free radicals in the body — Kombucha is antioxidant rich. In fact, the process of turning tea into kombucha actually concentrates the amount of antioxidants. Antioxidants fight free radicals, which contribute to illness and disease, but also help slow the ageing process.
6. Enhance general health and wellbeing — the naturally occurring acids in kombucha may help to maintain pH balance in the body. Acid-alkaline balance is a factor in the maintenance of all cellular functions.
Did you know that Wellnation Clinics now stocks Remedy Kombucha? Recommended by I Quit Sugar, Remedy is a sparkling live cultured drink made through a wild fermentation process. Is available in clinic for just $4.50.
Want to learn more? Browse our full Summer Product Catalogue here.