With so many social gatherings and parties during this fun yet busy time of the year, here are a few non-alcoholic beverage recipes that will allow you to keep going hangover free!
A simple non-alcoholic version of the popular derby drink made with pineapple, orange and lime juice and mint.
1 measure pineapple juice
1 measure orange juice
1 measure freshly squeeze lime juice
1/2 cup of crushed ice
Ginger ale, to top off
1 teaspoon mint, crushed or finely chopped
Sprig of mint, for garnish
Lime wedge and/or pineapple slice, for garnish
- Add ice to tall glass. Pour in pineapple, orange and lime juice.
- Top with ginger ale and stir in mint leaves.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and a lime wedge and/or pineapple slice, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
2 cups boiling water
2 black tea bags
2 cinnamon sticks
1/4 cup sugar
3 cups pomegranate juice
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 medium orange
1 medium lemon
1 medium lime
1 medium apple, cut into chunks
3 cups soda water
- Pour the boiling water over tea bags and cinnamon sticks and steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags and stir in sugar to dissolve.
- Combine all ingredients in a large jar and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and preferably overnight.
- Just before serving, stir in soda water. Serve in glasses over ice.
Agave Dream Mocktail
1/4 Cup Water
1 Fresh Squeezed Lime
1/4 Cup Agave Nectar
2-4 Tablespoons Soda Water
- Dampen the rim of a small glass with agave nectar and dip in mixture of sugar and thyme.
- Combine avocado, water, lime, and agave nectar in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until cool, then pour into a glass.
- Add desired amount of Soda Water. Stir and drink.
Cranberry Apple Mocktail
A fresh mix of Christmas flavours, this mocktail Wellnation Mocktail is a delicious blend of juices perfect for that Christmas spirit.
3 Cups apple juice
3 Cups cranberry juice
3 Cups orange juice
Orange slices, for garnish
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, add juice and stir to combine. If your pitcher or bowl is smaller than 96 ounces, combine the juices in equal parts in a smaller amount and refill as necessary.
- Serve over ice and garnish with orange slices if desired.
2 Litres of Tomato Juice
4 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
2 Teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
Celery Stalks to serve
Salt to line Lip of Glass
- Dampen the rim of a small glass with lemon juice and dip in salt.
- Pour Tomato Juice, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco Sauce in a jug and stir.
- Pour mixture into the glasses of crushed ice.
- Place 1 x celery stalk into each glass.
- Serve and drink.