My mums Bircher recipe is so good I had to share it!
Nutritional notes: This meal is full of great fibres, prebiotics, probiotics, omega 3's and protein.
The flaxseeds especially contain lignans which can help to reduce estrogen dominance which can cause multiple health issues in women.
This breakfast will not only keep you fuller for longer but will also help regulate bowel movements and elimination of toxins.
2 - 4
· 1 cup of gluten-free organic rolled oats
· 1/2 cup fresh orange/apple juice
· 1/2 cup organic greek yoghurt (or non-dairy)
· 1/2 cup sultanas
· 1 grated green apple
· 1/2 cup chopped almonds (or desired nuts/seed)
· 1/2 cup of chopped apple or orange
· 2 tbsp of ground flaxseeds and sunflower seeds
· 1 mashed banana
· 1/4 cup shredded coconut
Add-ins: Cinnamon and ginger
1. 1. Soak oats and orange juice in a covered jar or bowl overnight in the fridge
2. 2. The morning of; combine remaining ingredients in a bowl with the oats and serve with mint or desired toppings (option to soak it all together with the oats the night before if you're short for time).